Final Cut Pro 2023 has advanced features to create professional-quality videos and movies. A new academic package has been announced by Apple for the students consisting of Final Cut Pro X with Logic, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage all thrown in to boot. The new update lets people export HEVC or H.264 video much faster on Apple Silicon Macs.
It also improves performance when editing on a Mac that has an ambient light sensor, a component that powers True Tone. True Tone is found on the 2018 MacBook Pro and later, as well as Apple’s Studio Display and Pro Display XDR.
Object Tracker and Cinematic mode.
Elevate your creativity with the Object Tracker. Final Cut Pro uses powerful machine learning to detect faces and objects, then matches their movement with titles and effects. It also allows you to adjust focus points and depth of field on clips captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13.
Creativity that moves.
Use the Object Tracker to add dynamic text or color correction to moving footage. Drag a title, graphic, or effect directly into the viewer to detect faces and other objects using powerful machine learning. Analyze the motion of your target — accelerated by the Apple Neural Engine — in a single click and instantly match its movement. Apply tracking data to other text and graphics to enhance your work even more.
The ultimate cinematic effect.
Final Cut Pro can transform the look of video shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13.1 With a revolutionary click-to-track feature, you can choose focus points in a shot and change them over time. You can also adjust a clip’s depth‑of‑field effect with a slider in the inspector, or use keyframes to change the amount of blur in already captured material.
Unrivaled pro performance.
With optimizations for Apple silicon and the power of its Metal engine, Final Cut Pro allows you to edit more complex projects and work with larger frame sizes, higher frame rates, and more effects — all at incredible speeds. And it’s built to harness the extreme power of the new Mac Studio or MacBook Pro for next-level performance.
Revolutionary Video Editing
- The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
- Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
- Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
- Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
- Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
- Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
- Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
- Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
- Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
- Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
- Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
- Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
- Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
- Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
- Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
- Harness the power of the Mac Pro and Afterburner for realtime 8K editing
- Modern Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing on all Macs
- Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
- Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
- Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
- Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
- Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
- Assign roles – including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices – during import to easily track and organize your project
- Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
- Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
- Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
- Use Pro Display XDR to accurately view HDR video
- Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
- Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
- Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
- Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
What’s new in version 10.6.5
- Supports faster exporting of H.264 or HEVC on Macs with Apple silicon
- Increases stability when disconnecting a Sidecar display on Intel Macs
- Improves performance when editing on a Mac with an ambient light sensor
- Intel 64
- Apple Silicon
- macOS 11.5.1 or later