BackupLoupe is an alternative GUI for Time Machine. At its core, it provides a Finder-like interface where you get to select a picture and it will show you what has been backed up. Never run out of space, because BackupLoupe will predict when your backup drive is likely to fill up.
Its interface looks decent. It has a default black background theme and well-delimited page sections, but it comes with a poorly text format and clunky buttons. CPU usage is low, so you don’t have to own a high-end system in order to use its features.
Find the space hogs
BackupLoupe shows you which files take up the most space in an instant. Scanned snapshots are color-coded so you can tell the big ones from the small. Select a snapshot and the browser view will list all items that have been backed up ordered by size in descending order.
Data recovery when Time Machine fails
Even if Time Machine fails to recognize an old backup or is incapable of restoring a particular item chances are that BackupLoupe can recover your data.
Browse your backups
BackupLoupe lets you peek inside backups, tells you which files have been backed up when and where. It will show you when a file has been backed up for the first time, when a modified version has been backed up and when it has been deleted. Navigating between versions only takes a click.
- Quickly identify the items which take up the most space
- History: Show how many versions of an item are available and when they were saved; quick navigation between versions
- Integration with other applications via system services: click on an item in Finder to find all its revisions
- Drag-and-drop restore items to any location
- Finder / Path Finder integration (Reveal, Info)
- QuickLook support
- Provides extensive statistics about backups
- Instant identification of file type while browsing
- Open files directly without restoring them first
- Browse backups while the backup device is not connected
- Exclude items from future backups on the fly (without opening TM preferences)
- Handles multiple Time Machine disks
What’s new in version 3.8
- Support ordering by number of items a directory contains.
- New search criterion: Item exists on live filesystem; Use it to locate items which have been
- Intel 64
- Apple Silicon
- macOS 10.13.0 or later
Also Download: Do Your Data Recovery Professional 7.7 Full macOS