Screaming Frog SEO Spider 2023 is a powerful website crawler and SEO tool developed by the company Screaming Frog. It is designed to help website owners, SEO professionals, and marketers analyze and optimize their websites for better search engine visibility. The tool is available for both Windows and macOS platforms.
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a valuable tool for quickly crawling, analyzing, and auditing websites from an on-site SEO perspective. It is especially useful for medium-to-large sites, where manually checking each page would be incredibly time-consuming or even impossible. This tool helps identify issues like redirects, meta refreshes, and duplicate pages that may otherwise go unnoticed.
With the SEO Spider, you can easily export essential on-site SEO elements such as URLs, page titles, meta descriptions, and headings to Excel. This export serves as a foundation for making SEO recommendations and implementing optimizations.
Alternative app: piQtility 8.0.1 MacOS Torrent
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is free to use, but imposes certain restrictions. Purchase of a license adds the following functionality:
While the Screaming Frog SEO Spider offers free usage, it does come with certain limitations. However, purchasing a license unlocks additional functionality, including the removal of the 500 URI crawl limit, access to all configuration options, the ability to save and re-upload crawls, and the custom source code search feature, which allows you to search for specific elements in a website’s source code. Furthermore, purchasing a license also provides support for any technical issues that may arise while using the software.
How It Works
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider works by crawling websites in a similar way to search engine bots. It analyzes the structure, content, and various on-page elements of a website to provide insights and identify potential SEO issues. Here’s an overview of how it works:
- Crawling: You start by entering the URL of the website you want to analyze into the SEO Spider. The tool then begins crawling the site, following links and collecting data from each page it encounters. This process is similar to how search engine bots navigate through websites.
- Data Collection: As the SEO Spider crawls the website, it gathers information about various on-page elements such as URLs, page titles, meta descriptions, headings, images, internal and external links, and more. It also collects data about status codes, response times, and other technical details.
- Analysis and Reporting: Once the crawling process is complete, the SEO Spider generates comprehensive reports that highlight potential SEO issues and optimization opportunities. These reports provide detailed insights into elements like missing or duplicate meta tags, broken links, redirect chains, oversized images, and other factors that can impact search engine visibility and user experience.
- Visualization and Navigation: The SEO Spider offers visual representations, such as tree graphs, to help you visualize the website’s structure and internal linking. This visualization can assist in identifying issues like orphaned pages, excessive depth in the site architecture, or inefficient internal linking.
- Customization and Export: The tool provides various configuration options, allowing you to customize the crawl according to your specific requirements. You can control the crawl depth, crawl speed, user-agent, and more. Additionally, you can export the collected data, such as URLs, page titles, and meta descriptions, to external files like Excel or CSV for further analysis or sharing with team members.
It’s important to note that while the SEO Spider provides valuable insights and recommendations, it does not cover all aspects of SEO, such as off-page factors like backlinks. It primarily focuses on on-site SEO elements and technical issues.
By leveraging the crawling and analysis capabilities of the Screaming Frog SEO Spider, website owners, SEO professionals, and marketers can gain a deeper understanding of their website’s SEO performance and make informed decisions to improve search engine visibility and user experience.
What’s new in version 18.5.0
This release is mainly bug fixes and small improvements:
- Fix issue with GSC account verification in scheduling
- Fix JS rendering issue around PDFs.
- Fix crawl path report to work with orphaned URLs.
- Fix ‘Security > Bad Content Type’ filter to only check know file extensions.
- Fix issue with invalid GSC data when loading old crawls/config.
- Fix issue showing Directory Tree Graph in non English languages.
- Fix robots.txt to parse all text content types.
- Fix crash loading in PSI data from old crawls.
- Fix crash parsing structure data.
- Fix crash editing scheduled tasks on Windows.
- Intel 64
- macOS 10.14 or later
- Version for Apple Silicon
Also Download: SEO SpyGlass for Mac 6.51.9 Free Download